View Single Post
Old 05-13-2012, 12:38 AM   #320
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Feb 16, 2013 (afternoon)

Blyth (6-9-17, 22nd) at Histon (13-9-10, 9th)

Starting to feel as though maybe we're just not going to get things turned around enough. Whether we do or don't, we still gotta play the matches. We drew these guys 1-1 at home earlier, I'd take that here on the road for sure. They're just a pick'em fave, we're 11:5 dogs.

GK: Knight
D: Sinclair, Jones, Antwi Rowbotham
MF: Phillips, Hands, White, Richards
ST: Mole, Bembo-Leta
Bench: (Purvis, O'Connor, D.Stephenson, Slaughter, McDonald)

Halftime: Histon 1 - Blyth 0
Gomez-Pico makes us pay for a turnover, simply outruns the defense at 6'
Sinclair foul in the area leads to a penalty for Holman, he shoots wide at 10'

Too many fouls, otherwise not a terrible half outside of the first miscue, but it was pretty chippy. We tell 'em to settle down a bit, and make it clear we aren't happy. This game is winnable, if only our back line was playing better than crap.

Fulltime: Histon 3 - Blyth 0
White's second yellow card puts us down a man at 81'
Own goal off Jones after a corner, just bounced off his ankle at 85'
Taafe finds a little space & adds insult to injury at 93:45

A simple second half collapse, White's stupidity contributed heavily to that.

Knight 6.1
Sinclair 5.7, Jones 5.8, Antwi 5.7, Rowbotham 6.2
Phillips 6.3, Hands 6.5, White 6.6, Richards 5.7
Mole 6.8, Bembo-Leta 6.5
Subs: Slaughter (61' for Rowbotham) 6.0, O'Connor (61' for Richards) 6.2
Stephenson (83' for Mole) N/A

Feb 16, 2013 (postmatch)
We suck, White is an idiot. I think that's pretty much the takeaway from the postmatch presser. If it isn't, I didn't try hard enough.

That's how I feel after we drop to 23rd, still 6 points from safety but now with just 13 matches left. The only way we're staying up is if there are several miracles -- starting with us just scoring a f'n goal -- and collapses by several teams ahead of us.

I can't help but smile a little at a note from our physio. Disgruntled GK Jack Dovey will be out about a week following a collision with Hassan Janneh during a training session.