View Single Post
Old 01-27-2016, 04:47 PM   #1
digamma
Torchbearer

Rocking Rackets Strategy and Tips Thread

Brian Swartz has an excellent dynasty going in the game Rocking Rackets, an online tennis simulation. If you haven't taken a look at that, you definitely should.

I think largely through that thread, several others have started playing the game, including me.

Rather than hijacking Brian's thread (or britrock's as we did at one time), I thought it might make sense to have a separate thread for hints and tips and strategy questions.

I'm happy to use my guys as a base to get the discussion going.

After some fits and starts, I've found a home in World 11 (you can choose different game worlds, which vary in speed of simulation).

My players are 19 year old American Ronald Ashman and 21 year old Croat Teodor Cajkanovic.

Ashman turned pro this season (Year 182 in the Game World) after a good junior career where he finished in the top five of the junior rankings. He's seem some success in his first year with two futures tournament wins so far and a ranking in the high 500s.

Cajkanovic was not as successful a junior player, topping out in the mid teens. He's recently broken into the top 100 in the world rankings and is playing at the CH1 level.

(There are varying levels of tournaments, amateur, junior, futures, championship and masters/majors/grand slams.)

Here are a few questions I have, and I'm hoping Brian or britrock or others may chime in...if there are other newbs who would benefit from more background, ask away. The intent here is to really be a knowledge repository rather than a pure dynasty thread.

-How do you decide when a player is ready to move up to the next level of tournaments?

-Do you train for skill or serve first?

-How do you best control Form?

-What do you look for when you hire a player?

digamma is offline   Reply With Quote