View Single Post
Old 05-19-2015, 04:50 PM   #25
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

If you're curious what brought me back this specific time, it was this Kotaku article that started discussing the origin of "Let's Play ____" videos on youtube. It dates back to message board stuff where at best people were posting screen shots. Plenty of FOFC stuff would certainly pre-date the message board stuff referenced in the article. Who Invented Let's Play Videos?

Although I would say it's sort of pointless to run down who the first person was to play a video game (with no specific audience in mind) and post a video of it. I think as long as games have existed, we all have created all kinds of accompanying write-ups to complement them. And I'm sure I'm not the only one who recorded video game moments on VHS. At that point, simply being the first guy to put it on the internet seems pretty incidental.

I'm still so angry at the friend of mine who lost the tape containing all our our Tecmo Super Bowl title games. I would love to rewatch him choking twice against the computer in title games, or the time I beat his Giants with my Jets (with probably the longest drive I've ever had in that game - it lasted over a full quarter).

Last edited by cthomer5000 : 05-19-2015 at 04:51 PM.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote