View Single Post
Old 05-22-2018, 07:02 AM   #47
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

State of Decay 2 notes after my first couple hours gameplay (in no real order)

-- it feels like it plays "slow", in terms of your character movement speed. Actions (like swinging a melee) not so much so but just walking feels a bit sluggish

-- damn the visuals can be buggy. I saw the "black polygons" glitch a few minutes after leaving the tutorial, luckily I wasn't in combat. And opening/closing gates, searching containers, the "aiming" to trigger those can be wonky as hell

-- It feels very similar to SoD 1, a lot of the mechanical stuff started coming back to me fairly quickly & I didn't play the original that much as I recall

-- I think like the "pick a pair" start. And yes, the characters within each pair do change names (which is just cosmetic as far as I can tell) and their starting skills do change if you go back from the selection screen & select "start new" again. I think the tendencies for the pairs are roughly the same, but I've seen variance in a skill on the same basic character from 3 to 5 stars for a starting point

-- weight limits are a bitch early, especially the 1-rucksack-at-a-time limit. There are locations (at least on one of the 3 initial map choices) that could require 3 trips to clear early on. And it feels like you're going to want to grab the large majority of stuff you come across.

-- Food seems like a real m.f. to deal with at the settlement level. And wood may be a perpetual thing.

-- SoD2 feels, to my recollection, to be a little more settlement/supplies oriented than SoD1 was.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 05-22-2018 at 07:05 AM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote