View Single Post
Old 02-28-2003, 07:03 PM   #2
Co-D'ohs
H.S. Freshman Team

Originally posted by Godzilla Blitz:

2004, Aftermath
I put my team, Terry Haute, in the hands of my assistants and watch the year unfold. During the week I usually just hang out in bars, but on the weekends, I put on a disguise, use Terry Haute recruiting funds to fly to South Bend, and grab a seat high up in the stands, where I watch the game and drink whiskey from my hidden flask. Notre Dame has started out the year ranked #20? Are they stupid? #20? They have no talent! Damn it to all hell. This is awful.

Week 1
Hummmm. Louisiansa State 23, Notre Dame 0. Notre Dame was awful! QB Barnes chucked a few interceptions to kill the few scoring drives the team had.

Record 0-1; Rank #77

Week 2
Interesting. Penn State 37, Notre Dame 0. Penn State ran all over them. Notre Dame’s offense stood still. I can’t see game stats but it looked pretty ugly!

Record 0-2; Rank #98

Week 3
Michigan 41, Notre Dame 6. Well, they scored. That is not a good sign. But still, they are playing like we were never gone. Is this hope fluttering in my heart? Could we have done it anyway?

Record 0-3; Rank #97

Week 4
The beat goes on. Purdue 47, Notre Dame 0. It is strange not being a part of it anymore, but there is some pride involved here now. Could they do it on their own? Could they lose them all for the Blitzer?

Record 0-4; Rank #80?

Week 5
No such luck. The dream is officially over, folks. Notre Dame 27, Utah State 10. The dispair is complete. I begin to drink more heavily.

Record 1-4; Rank #69

Well, we gave it a shot. There is no way now. Our dream is done. I stop attending the games at this point, the pain is too great. Instead, I spend seven days a week in bars and strip clubs on the seedy side of Terry Haute. Hell, I don’t even attend my own team’s games. I just don’t care. What about Candy, you ask? She ditched me when I lost my job. She thought Terry Haute was a perfume; there was no way she would move there. My life now is viewed mostly from the bottom of a whiskey glass, alone, in my small apartment near the college in Terry Haute.

The rest of 2004
Notre Dame goes on to win 3 more games. They finish the year at 4-7, ranked #87. Sigh.
Co-D'ohs is offline   Reply With Quote