View Single Post
Old 03-20-2019, 06:29 AM   #910
Christy
n00b

!!!!! That was chaos with 0 of the top 4 in the semi finals and an unseeded finalist!

I have never seen a draw open up for someone like it did for Aas. The will against Solheim was good but then it opened entirely with Choba and Meiklejohn having bad tournaments leaving him against the overplayed 11th seed and the 16th seed to make the final! He may be a few lines of data in their system but I am happy he has gotten his story for the grandkids moment. Whatever happens for him in the final it has been an outstanding success. Incredible for him.

Perez's route was much different. He managed to get Hughes as he was still warming up and Hart when he was tired from Madrid and the first few Rome matches (that was an epic match). A good performance against Solberg while he was tired was also appreciated. He beat Solberg in sets but at one point in he was 1 point away from going 0-4 in the first set. Definitely a close one. He will be wrecked for Rolland Barros but definitely worth it. Hopefully Balzer drops a bit and he can snatch that 8th seed which would be invaluable going forward. Either way he should be able to skip the grass season outside of Wimbledon itself.

I feel bad for Chiba's start to the year. However he does somehow cling onto no. 2 if my maths is right. Hopefully he turns it around in two weeks time (and in a different side of the draw to Perez).

Last edited by Christy : 03-20-2019 at 06:30 AM.
Christy is offline   Reply With Quote