Race to the World Tour Finals
Post-Shanghai Edition

In - 4610 to qualify

Nicolas Perez - 11,170
John Hart - 11,110
Seamus Hughes - 4,895
Srba Dogic - 4,655
Calisto Aviles* - 3,645

Doesn't get much closer than this for the top spot. Last year Hart won Paris and the Tour Finals, while Perez was out early in Paris and a semifinalist at the WTF. Time to see how much the gap has really closed. My money's on the Irish to retain the top spot, but it really could go either way.

Now the math here assumes Aviles still gets in under the Slam champion exception - reminder that I have no idea if the game replicates that - and that there are no ranking bugs - which there probably will be. So this is how things SHOULD look. No bets on them actually working out that way.

Having said that, it is time to officially welcome Hughes to his 5th straight Tour Finals, while Srba Dogic figures to join Aviles in making their respective debuts.

Probable

Ali Solberg - 4575
Brian Meikeljohn - 4150

Solberg just needs one thing to go his way, and his recent successes in winning the Japan 500 along with the Shanghai final have the most recent world no. 3 on the cusp of qualification. And then there's that other guy ...

Contenders

Isa Solheim - 3840
-----------------------
Barry Molyneaux - 3590

The cut line also assumes Meikeljohn continues to do jack diddly squat. That SEEMS safe, but it's far from certain these two get enough points to pass him. In fact, it more and more seems kind of unlikely. Right now Molyneaux needs to make something happen or he'll be on the outside looking in.

Long Shots

Lucas Perez - 3270
Il-Sung Jung - 3195
Emilien Mathou - 3130
Chisulo Mpakati - 3080
Mike Rhodes - 3010
Ollie Haas - 2915

Good grief that's a lot of players still technically within striking distance. Perez has been consistent enough, and if someone else pulls a Jung/Aas and blows away the competition in Paris ... like Mathou who has the home crowd there? Unlikely, but I'm just saying anything could happen. The way this year has gone, I'm not calling it yet.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 06-02-2019 at 04:45 AM.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote