View Single Post
Old 09-01-2019, 03:10 AM   #1171
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Race to the World Tour Finals
Post-Wimbledon Edition

In

Nicolas Perez - 9,000

Yeah, just hand Nicolas that YE #1 already. He's lost early in a couple of Masters, but head and shoulders above the pack overall.

Probable

Calisto Aviles - 5295
Tobias Velilla - 5280
Harald Wentz - 4940
Chisulo Mpakati - 4320
Il-Sung Jung - 3440

Wentz needs to recover the hardcourt magic, while Velilla needs to start showing up at the Masters. Who gets the #2 this year? Mpakati could stake a claim as well, but he needs to step it up a bit if he's serious about it. Aviles ... well, he definitely has a good shot at top four but to grab that second spot we need to see more performances like he showed in Miami. I don't know that he can do that on hardcourts. Regardless, still a great deal to determine in the 2-5 spots here, and having Jung in no-man's land is entirely fitting.

Contenders

Ollie Haas - 3060
Lucas Perez - 3010
------------------
Tim de Jong - 2850

Fun fact: of the four remaining Masters this year, Haas lost his first match in three of them last season. And made the final of the fourth, in Shanghai. So ... which of those players shows up will say a lot about whether last year's WTF runner-up even makes the field this time around. L. Perez currently fighting to hold off de Jong and make the field for the first time. I like his chances there.
Race to the World Tour Finals
Post-Wimbledon Edition

Long Shots

Amrik Kasaravalli - 2410
Clavet Moniotte - 2215
Srba Dogic - 2165
Mike Rhodes - 2165

Not a lot of names on this list; the top players are really sucking up most of the big points this year again. Kasaravalli probably does have the best overall chance at it but there's a lot of things for him to overcome and I don't really see that happening.

I think the current eight will stay, with L. Perez being the only new one and de Jong booted from last year.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 09-01-2019 at 03:12 AM.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote