View Single Post
Old 01-05-2008, 12:16 AM   #103
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Team Awards:

Offensive MVP: WR Harris Powell. With 1200+ yards, 11 TDs, and all league honors, Harris Powell fulfilled the trust I placed in him when I made him our top overall selection. He has gotten better each year, and my ideal is that he gets 1400 yards next year, and Harris gets back to 1200. I really don’t even bother with any other receiving outlets besides Powell, Reeves and Torres.

Defensive MVP: DT Cedric Garrard. Ramon could have gotten this award for a second year with six picks, but instead I am choosing t reward the hard work of 42/42 DT Cedric Garrard. With 6 sacks, second on the team in solo tackles, and 3 FF, Garrard simply had a great year, especially for the DT position.

Special Teams MVP: P Tracy Gomez. Our first repeat winner is none other than one of the best punters in the league. He still has it, and he was probably third in all league honors, so lets give it up, once again, for Tracy Gomez.

Heart Award: C Orlando Patchet. Nomrally I might award one of my lower roster players for really stepping it up, and I considering giving Garrard this award too, but I decided that this could also apply to a position that doesn’t get a lot of love either. Garrard’s 43 KRB were fourth most among offensive linemen this year. He could have been all league C, but that was given to a player ith one less KRB and one less pancake block than Patchet (also two less sacks allowed at 5 vs Patchet’s 7).

Next Year? Well, I honestly expect that 10-6 is about as good as this team will be, so I hope to get 10-6 again, make it to the playoffs and get hot there.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote