View Single Post
Old 08-31-2021, 04:43 PM   #200
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Won't really see that at any level in Georgia today. Not even at the independent organizations (beyond the main sanctioning body we have at least two more organizations that run indepedently, mostly tiny Christian schools now).

Still a few Wing-T teams around, straight I running teams sure, some flexbone stuff ... but you've got pee-wee teams that are multi wideout now.

I had to look up what my old high school was doing now. Seems spread offense, just about everything in shotgun. They did win a state title a few years ago, so seems to be working.

It used to be an old-school coach who ran a 3-man T formation. We were a big school that produced a lot of D1 linemen, so we would run all over most schools. But there always seemed to be a ceiling when you have a style like that and go up against the top schools.

Wonder how many schools went through that transformation of having some legendary coach who ran the wishbone or whatever for 40 years being pushed aside for some modern systems. Technically they may have been winning games, but were never going to be more than a pretty good team as long as they ran an outdated system.
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote