View Single Post
Old 08-28-2006, 09:48 AM   #98
revrew
Team Chaplain

An infusion of youthful power, added to the stars of last year's SuperBowl team launched the Rebels into a successful campaign. A hungry Fenyhough rushed for 1300 yards and 11 TDs, filling Knowles' shoes quite nicely. Marco Turtschin threw 24 TDs and a mere 5 INTs, leading us to our third consecutive year of leading the league in turnover ratio (+21). Behold the power of "short-down"!

The defense was stellar, our talented players frightening many would-be rushers into the arms of crafty veteran FA pickup, SLB Mo Hoff. Chambliss and Stockman again led the team in catches, Toby Porter rewarded us for his contract extension with 7 picks, and rookie Pat Branch added 5 more.

The Rebels continued to roll, piling up a 14-2 record and securing home field advantage yet again. Maybe, just maybe, playing at home could give us the revenue needed to keep my driving record from taking a serious plunge.

As the playoffs loomed, I knew we needed every win, every penny. I knew a trip to the SuperBowl might guarantee me the last $50 million payment. Doing so would finally make me owner of the Rebels, free and clear. No more Jeffrey Davis. No more Family business. No more threats, no more restrictions, the Rebels would at last be mine. I was so nervous, I threw-up before every game like a freshman guy before going to prom with a senior girl. It wasn't just what I stood to lose, but what I stood to win--free and clear ownership of an NFL franchise. What else could a man want?
I came to the Crossroad. I took it. And that has made all the difference.
revrew is offline   Reply With Quote