View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 09:31 PM   #269
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

2009 OFF-SEASON
You can take a look at our stats and decide for yourself on what you think the team needs, but we've decided to go out and try to get some bullpen help, a frontline starter (even an ace...) and most important, a starting shortstop.

We're prepared to spend money and yet, I won't be opposed to going the "cheap" route to find players via trade or something.

We'll just have to see, I guess.

It would be wise not to mess with the chemistry we've developed with the ballclub this past season, short of going out and try to bolster the ballclub the best way we know how.

I'll talk more about our specific off-season acquisitions once we get into the team previews, but here is an account of the deals we made this off-season up to this point.

OFF-SEASON DEALS BY THE QUAKERS
Sunday November 15, 2009
Traded 25-year old right fielder J. Esparza, 22-year old minor league left fielder A. Bravo and 25-year old minor league starting pitcher L. Pérez to the Houston Astros, getting 30-year old center fielder J. Brandon in return.

Thursday, November 19th, 2009
Traded 26-year old right fielder A. García, 26-year old third baseman M. Robichaux and 26-year old minor league starting pitcher L. Morris to the New York Bombers, getting 25-year old shortstop J. Balencia and 31-year old starting pitcher M. Martínez in return.

Sunday, December 6th, 2009
Traded 25-year old minor league shortstop J. Balencia, 28-year old shortstop G. Dollard, 21-year old minor league closer B. Piper and $500,000 in cash to the Columbus Clippers, getting 28-year old reliever G. Flores, 29-year old second baseman R. Álvarez and 33-year old starting pitcher G. Walker in return.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 10-22-2007 at 10:58 PM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote