Thread: Steam........
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2010, 08:25 PM   #4
the_meanstrosity
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougarfreak View Post
I can't wrap my head around the idea. If you buy a game from steam, do you d/l the whole game to your computer, then play it as you as you own it? Or do you have to play it with the "steam" program open? Someone told me on here that you can play it offline, is that all the time, or do you get a one time validation code, and once it's validated you can not open the "steam" program and play it as though it's yours?

You first install Steam which then allows you to download the games to your new Steam directories. And yes, you can play any Steam game "offline" meaning Steam does not need to be open to play it. But I believe you must activate the game prior to playing it. Once activated you can play offline any time you want.

Just an addition to what tyketime said, you can also set up the shortcut so you can start the game without Steam being started. So it's just like any other gaming shortcut on your desktop/start menu. You just need to make certain you installed the game and then activated while connected to Steam. Any time after that you can play the game without steam.

Last edited by the_meanstrosity : 06-20-2010 at 08:28 PM.
the_meanstrosity is offline   Reply With Quote