View Single Post
Old 04-27-2021, 02:55 PM   #9
Umbrella
High School Varsity

PRE-SEASON

We are being picked by the media to finish 2nd to Philly this season. Our lineup this season will be C-Simmons, PF-Fulks, SF-Smawley, SG-Tannenbaum, and PG-Kappen. Morgenthaler, Norlander, and Mihalik will be part of the rotation. I still feel like Knoreck has value, so I would like to trade him, but none of the teams have cap space, so I don’t know if that will be possible. We went 3-2 during the pre-season.

REGULAR SEASON

We started off well before disaster struck. Smawley ruptured his Achilles in the 6th game and is out for the season. Coach Adams decided to shift Fulks to the three, and have Norlander play PF. Meanwhile, Mullens, Mihilak, and Kappen were all willing to sign extensions, as they were all on their last season. They are all part of the rotation (Mullens since the Smawley injury), so I wanted to offer them all. However, Mullens wanted way too much money, so we couldn’t agree on terms. I gave another year extension to Mihilak at the minimum, and offered a 3 year extension to Kappen, which were both accepted. I would like to extend Morgenthaler and Norlander, but they both expressed their desire to test free agency. We finished November at 5-4, ½ game out of first, which isn’t too bad since most of the games were on the road. We continued to play well in December, finishing at 12-6, 2 games ahead of Boston.

We continued to play well into January when Morgenthaler went down with a bulging disc in his back. We finished January at 18-9, 4 games in front of Boston, and Fulks winning his first player of the month this season. Our best record got individual recognition as well, as Norlander, Simmons, Kappen, and Fulks were all selected as all-stars. Shortly after the all-star break, the unthinkable happened. Fulks tore a ligament which would sideline him for perhaps the remainder of the regular season. Simmons initially picked up the slack, and we entered March with a 22-12 record, still in first by 4 ½ games.

Morgenthaler returned early in March, and both he and Simmons were carrying the team in the absence of Fulks. We finished March at 26-16, still 3 ½ games up. Fulks proved to be a quick healer, and returned from injury in April. We clinched the #1 seed with 4 games left, so I used the opportunity to finish the season with some young guys getting more minutes. It didn’t affect the team, as we finished the season on a 6 game winning streak. Our final record was 32-16, best in the NBA.

Fulks was once again the leading scorer, but didn't put up the ridiculous numbers he did in his first season.

Umbrella is offline   Reply With Quote