View Single Post
Old 04-29-2021, 12:12 PM   #12
Umbrella
High School Varsity

PRE SEASON

We were picked to finish 4th this season, with Providence and new star George Mikan picked to win the east. Our lineup this season will be C-Glamack, PF-Fulks, SF-Schectman, SG-Tannenbaum, and PG-Kappen. Simmons, Smawley, and Lewis fill out the rotation. We finish pre-season 4-2, so hopefully we will do better than the media thinks.

REGULAR SEASON

We started the season winning our first 3 games before Fulks went down with patellar tendinitis. He’s expected to miss about a month. The next game Schectman went down with a sprained knee, expecting to miss a couple of weeks. Kappen followed that up with a minor knee sprain of his own, so the injury bug has hit hard early. In addition, all of the players I have interest in resigning want to test the free agency market. We managed to scrap by November with a 6-4 record, in a four way tie for first.

Fulks returned early in December and went on a tear, leading the team to an 8 game winning streak and winning player of the month. We were at 14-6, but unfortunately, Baltimore was even better, and sat in first place by a game. The team continued its hot play through January, compiling a 21-8 record, and pulling in front of Baltimore by four games. This was tempered by the loss of Glamack in the last game of the month with patellar tendinitis, which should sideline him for about a month. Fulks is playing like he did a couple of years ago, winning another player of the month.

Kappen, Tannenbaum, and Fulks all got selected to the all star game. The team continued to exceed expectations as they finished February at 28-9, with Fulks winning player of the month for the third time this season. Glamack got healthy, and the team reeled off an NBA record 13 game winning streak before losing to Philadelphia in a game where Simmons got injured. He sprained his knee and will be out a couple of weeks.

We finished March with a record of 39-12, 7 ½ games in front of Philly. Fulks won player of the month for March. We clinched the #1 seed with four games left, so I let the bench guys get minutes in the last games to save my better players. We finished 44-16, the best record for the second year in a row.

PLAYOFFS

Kappen made all defensive 2nd team. Glamack was 2nd team all rookie. Kappen was also named 3rd team all NBA. Tannenbaum was all NBA 2nd team, and Fulks was named first team all NBA. I won my 2nd GM of the year award. Mikan won both MVP and rookie of the year.

We had another first round bye, so we waited for Baltimore to take care of Philadelphia in the first round. They played us tough this season, as we had a losing record to them at 4-5. Baltimore continued their hot play, shocking us in game 1 114-98. We rebounded well in game 2, taking a 105-91 victory. We managed to grab home court advantage back in a game 3 blowout, 111-81. It seems that first game loss got the team angry, winning a second straight road game blowout 110-87. It got worse for them in game 5, as we won the series with a dominating 132-86 victory.

We would get a rematch with Chicago in the finals. Game 1 was a laugher as we won 129-78, although Tannenbaum broke his nose that game. Game 2 wasn’t a contest either, as the Knicks win 116-86. This was another costly win, as Mullens broke his arm, ending his season. Back in Chicago, we lost game 3 in a heartbreaker 106-103. Game 4 was a blowout Stags win, 106-80. I was getting flashbacks to last season at this point. We managed to change the tide, winning game 5 106-97. We just needed to win one of two games at home to take the championship. Game 6 was a defensive masterpiece, as we held them to 78 points in a 92-78 victory, winning our second championship. Fulks deservedly won his 2nd playoff MVP award.

Unfortunately, I forgot to export the data for this season, so I can't list any screen shots.

All of our starters are still under contract, so I think we can make another run next season. Our depth will take a hit but I'm hoping I can sign some of the players back during free agency.
Umbrella is offline   Reply With Quote