View Single Post
Old 04-29-2021, 02:48 PM   #14
Umbrella
High School Varsity

PRE SEASON

We were picked to finish fourth, with Baltimore, led by Clarence Hermsen, expected to win.

Our lineup this season will be C-Glamack, PF-Fulks, SF-Schectman, SG-Tannenbaum, and PG-Kappen, same as last year. Simmons, Riebe, and Walther round out the rotation. We go a perfect 6-0 in the preseason, and I think this team has the ability for another title.

REGULAR SEASON

We started out hot, winning our first 5 games, after which I traded Spears to Sheboygan for C Walter Budko. This was a trade to get an unhappy player off of the roster. In real life, Budko was actually a player-coach for a season with Baltimore. After that trade, I then made another trade with Syracuse, sending Miksas to them for PF Vince Boryla. We are deep at center, and while Miksas may become a good player someday, we are in win now mode. In real life, Boryla was a Knick player for three years, then became their coach, so it feels right to have him on the team. I wanted to sign Fulks to a long term deal, but he wants to test free agency, so this may be our last legit title run. All the trades didn’t mess of the team chemistry, as we finished November at 12-0, led by Fulks winning player of the month.

We continued playing fantastic in December, extending the winning streak to an NBA record 21 games before losing at Philadelphia on the last game of the calendar year. Unfortunately, Boston was also doing incredible, so we were only 2 ½ games ahead of them. Fulks won player of the month again, and I will re-sign him using my Bird rights at any cost next year.

January doesn’t bring any changes to our winning ways. We finish the month sitting at 31-3. It seems the sudden increase in teams has diluted the talent somewhat, which is helping us out. I’m a bit concerned that we’ve completely avoided the injury bug, and it will come haunt us at the worst possible time. Fulks wins player of the month again.

As a reward for our play, we get four players selected for the all star game; Fulks, Kappen, Glamack, and Tannenbaum. And for the second time this season, we have an undefeated month, finishing February at 40-3, now 8 games up on Boston. Fulks win player of the month yet again.

While not perfect, March went well too. We finished the month at 52-5, and Fulks still winning player of the month. We clinched first place after our first game in April, so the rest of the month I gave more minutes to our bench players. Even doing that, we still had a great month, and finished the season 62-6, the best record in the history of the league. Even playing sparse minutes, Fulks completed the sweep and won player of the month again.

Fulks lead the league in scoring again, while Glamack was second in rebounds.

Umbrella is offline   Reply With Quote