View Single Post
Old 04-29-2021, 05:25 PM   #18
Umbrella
High School Varsity

PLAYOFFS

Tannenbaum was named second team all defense. Lavoy was all rookie first team, and that was only because this years rookie class of centers was pathetic. Zaslofsky and Fulks were both third team all NBA, and Braun made second team all NBA. Interestingly, Ahmed Nelson won coach of the year in the first season he didn’t win the division. Mikan won MVP for Indy, and Paul Arizin won rookie of the year for Minneapolis.

We were going to have to play Philly in the first round this year. We went 6-5 against them this season, so this should be a tough matchup. Since I was able to rest Fulks towards the end of the season, he is fully healthy for the playoffs. He was rusty in game one, shooting 9-37, in a tough 75-72 loss. Our starts struggled again in game 2, losing 102-94, and now we have to head on the road with no margin for error. Game 3 saw the Fulks we have known to grow and love, as he scores 43 in a 89-76 win. However, our road woes came back in game 4, and we were eliminated 99-91.

Boston ended up winning the championship. Their star players are all signed for a while, so they will be a tough challenge for years to come. Of players who had significant playing time for us, Schectman, Tannenbaum, and Riebe are all free agents. Of that group, Tannenbaum is the only one I am looking to sign. We should still be solid next year, but I don’t think we are in Boston’s league right now.

Umbrella is offline   Reply With Quote