View Single Post
Old 06-13-2008, 08:09 PM   #14
MalcPow
College Benchwarmer

I think adding stages of "high school relationship building" would be tedious, but if there was a way to implement a "goodwill allocation screen" at the beginning of each season there might be some value. There would probably be a handful of layers to a screen like this. You would allocate your goodwill points based upon general sliders like high school location (state, region, or national) and athletic reputation (ranked in quartiles or quintiles). High prestige, powerhouse programs would have a large budget of goodwill to spend, enabling them to have strong relationships with the schools in their immediate state or region while still having points left over to allocate toward national relationships. A smaller program would focus almost entirely on allocating points locally. At the end of the day, "relationship with player's high school" is another data point that affects recruit decisions just like Prestige, Academics, and Distance were in the old TCY (and conceivably things like Playing Time, Scheme, and Co-Ed Morality would be in a future version), and it might also offer more accurate insight into the player's abilities.

So if I were a Sol8 team I'd set my location sliders at 90% in my state and 10% in my region. And I'd skew my athletic reputation sliders toward the average high schools or below, knowing that bigger schools are going to nab the best talent from the factory schools but that I might be able to steal the occasional star from a lesser school by investing in a relationship.

As long as this post is, I see this as a fairly minor and quick piece of a game. Coupled with the ability to edit high school reputations to suit our preferences, I think this would be a decent addition without adding a bunch of clicks.
MalcPow is offline   Reply With Quote