View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 10:36 PM   #19
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
Making it difficult/impossible to put player ratings on league web sites would be very damaging to the MP community. I suspect that some leagues would delay converting to a new game or just not convert at all because of it. Many people do not have access to the game during the day and have gotten used to being able use the league web sites to make decisions regarding trades. Taking ratings out of the mix would be viewed as a fairly significant step backwards.

I agree - I think it would be a fine way to kill a league. I've told Ben before that if a new version comes out that further restricts information flow (it's already impossible to reproduce coach pages and records), I'm not sure we'd convert FOFL (and this is in a league where regularly are looking for owners).

Also re: scouts - FOBL has had them turned off in OOTP as long as I've been there, and that's nearly a decade. From a SP standpoint I can see them being a worthwhile game element, but less so in MP. It's also worth noting that the third-party tools that track OOTP development are seen as some of the most valuable.