View Single Post
Old 12-07-2022, 08:40 PM   #1717
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
NCAA reportedly granting an entire year of eligibility to UVA players that were on the roster when players were killed.

Inexplicable and indefensible afaic. They played 10 games (poorly), they are far from the first to have teammates die during a season, but somehow an entire extra year (on top of the six the majority already have) is warranted? GTFO.

The story I read said that Virginia initiated and submitted the request. I wonder if this was a case of the reason it never approved before is because no one had ever initiated and submitted the request. It would have never occurred to me to make such a request. I don't have a big issue with it. The NCAA deciding who's circumstances are bad enough for an extra year or two of eligibility have always been random imo.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote