View Single Post
Old 12-12-2022, 03:35 PM   #1745
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
A greet Mike Leach story:

Quote:
With that being said, I can’t stop thinking about this hilarious story told by current USC head coach Lincoln Riley.

Leach hired Riley onto his staff at Texas Tech when he was only 23-years-old, taking a gamble on a young guy with little to no experience coaching.

Riley shared a story to The Players’ Tribune back in 2017, one of his best memories working with Leach at Texas Tech.

The story is about a phone conversation Riley overheard between Leach and somebody:

“He picked it up and said, ‘Hey, how’s it going?’ And then he listened for a second and asked, ‘Where ya calling from?’

He kept talking on the phone and I eventually sort of tuned out. Now, a short phone conversation for Coach Leach is an hour.

So he was talking about this and that, and I was kind of hunkered down working on my own stuff. At some point, the call got dropped. They must have lost reception. Coach said, “Can you hear me? Are you there?”

Then he closed his old-school flip phone, swung it back open and redialed. He said, ‘Hey, sorry I lost you.’ And then they resumed their conversation for another 30 minutes or so before Coach finally hung up.

After he was done, we started talking and I said, ‘Hey Coach, who was that on the phone?’

And he said, ‘Oh, they had the wrong number.'”
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote