View Single Post
Old 06-13-2011, 03:23 PM   #61
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
Took my Plant/storm on a BAF and got reminded how feeble controllers can be during the escapee phase.

See, I still disagree with this, at least depending on the type of controller. My Ill/TA, ok, he's not the best (though at least he has Oil Slick and Glue Arrow in TA to help a bit). My Grav/Storm though? AoE immob, ST holds, Lore Pets, Singularity (keep it right in the path for bouncing fun), Freezing Rain, Tornado, Lightning Storm...pretty much everyone is moving nowhere or moving slowly through obstacles. Lts at least take a decent amount of damage. If I'm not lagging, I can just about shut down a door by myself.

Yesterday I was on a BAF with my Fire Blaster, who can almost do the same. Problem was, I was finding that not only was I having mobs come at me from one side (I was on the far west of the south kill box), they were coming from the *other* side too. I almost never see that. We ended up failing the escapee stage - which I don't think I'd ever experienced either. When I looked at the team makeup after the fact, I noticed we had just one Dominator -- and zero controllers (a lot of scrappers and brutes though).

Last edited by cuervo72 : 06-13-2011 at 03:24 PM.
cuervo72 is offline   Reply With Quote