View Single Post
Old 06-13-2011, 04:26 PM   #63
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
See, I still disagree with this, at least depending on the type of controller. My Ill/TA, ok, he's not the best (though at least he has Oil Slick and Glue Arrow in TA to help a bit). My Grav/Storm though? AoE immob, ST holds, Lore Pets, Singularity (keep it right in the path for bouncing fun), Freezing Rain, Tornado, Lightning Storm...pretty much everyone is moving nowhere or moving slowly through obstacles. Lts at least take a decent amount of damage. If I'm not lagging, I can just about shut down a door by myself.

Yesterday I was on a BAF with my Fire Blaster, who can almost do the same. Problem was, I was finding that not only was I having mobs come at me from one side (I was on the far west of the south kill box), they were coming from the *other* side too. I almost never see that. We ended up failing the escapee stage - which I don't think I'd ever experienced either. When I looked at the team makeup after the fact, I noticed we had just one Dominator -- and zero controllers (a lot of scrappers and brutes though).

Take away Lore Pets, which I don't have yet, and no Singularity. The current most well known Ill/rad player even started a thread on the forum on how useless he felt playing the build. Ill/rad is one of my other 3 controllers at 50. Yes, the /storm side of things helped a lot, but any controller primary is mostly reduced to spamming their AoE immobilization power for them to be effective. I friend said he did one with a Mind controller and felt useless as well. I think there's becoming a good reason why you don't see so many controllers doing trials, or at least BAFs. I haven't done many, but there's always a low number of them on any trial I have done.

We failed the BAF(a first for me), and the makeup on the team was much like yours. Scrappers, brutes, and blasters I think are three of the top 4 played at 50 ATs. There has to be a reason that maybe the number two AT played at 50 is hardly showing up for BAFs.

I did take mental notes and figure my next time doing it should go smoother.

Last edited by Matthean : 06-13-2011 at 04:29 PM.
Matthean is offline   Reply With Quote