View Single Post
Old 07-17-2011, 01:22 AM   #75
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

OK, quick and dirty guide:

Start around level 6, make sure you took the damage aura (burning aura its called, i think).

Try AE mission arc #482818 (then you can also play: 459239, 493497, 472577, or just search for fire farms, there are a ton of them. Any map with ambushes, fire damage enemies - because fire armor is highly resistant to their damage - and auto rez enemies will be fine)

Start with even level enemies, times 8 (as if you were on a team of 8) and turn bosses off.

Pop a bunch of purple and reds before you enter the mission. There is an inspiration vendor right in the AE building, right next to the door for the hospital. Continue using reds and purples and then green and blues as needed. They drop as fast as you can use them, plus every time you level you get a full set of extra large inspirations. This is key to success. Combine 3 similar ones into reds and purples as you go along. There is actually a bind that will do this for you automatically, but i dont have it.

Increase the level of the enemies you face and add bosses when you think you can handle it. Eventually you want to be x4/x8 w/bosses.

The concept here is that Fire Armor does such incredible damage (I know...it is supposed to be your armor, but I guess a great offense is your best defense with this set) you just want to pop purples to keep you alive and pop reds to keep you at the damage cap so you can kill as fast as possible. You want to build the toon with a single focus: recharge.

Once in the 40's, run a patron arc (remember to lower your settings down to x0/x1, no bosses for this arc) to unlock the epic powers and take Mu (lighting fences and ball lightning).

At that point you'll have the following AOE's: Burning Aura, Burn, Footstomp, Fences and Ball Lightning. I can help you with slotting later.

After you unlock the villain epic pools, you can run 10 tips and an alignment mission to go rogue and then you can play both sides of the game. I would recommend going all the way hero at first and then getting the demon farm from Harvey Maylor, this way you can farm tickets and XP in the ae building and also farm purples from the demon mission.

If you want to play regular content and trials when you are 50 then I would recommend having 2 builds. (see a trainer to switch builds). On your regular content build, don't take MU, but take the Dark power pool instead. But some people just like to have the ss/fire/mu to earn enough money to IO out their other favorite toons.

I'll run some with you if you are having trouble getting it going.

Don't forget the ticket cap is 9,999 so cash them in every so often. You'll make a ton of money with a few lucky drops. A lot of people recommend rolling silver or bronze rolls, but i like to roll gold just because it is quicker and easier - some gold recipes can sell for over 100mil each and more if you take the few minutes to craft them Try to time your rolls when you are level 20-25-30-etc. those seem to sell quicker and for a bit more than an off level, like 21, 22, 23, 24, 26, etc. If you roll gold roll the highest level you can, but once you are level 40, only roll gold in the 35-39 range (because the Miracle set caps at 40 and the Kinetic Combat set caps at 35 and these sets have 2 of the 5 big jackpot rolls: Miracle + Recovery; Numina Unique; Luck of the Gambler + Recharge; Kinetic Combat Triple; Obliteration Quad ). Silver and bronze rolls are best in the 10-14 and lower stuff like that.

On another topic:
Also, I know you enjoy regen, but you should try willpower. I put a lot of money into mine but it can solo AV's, which I can't imagine a regen doing. I always tell people to play what is fun, and regen is fun, but willpower just seems to be a better, non-clicky version of regen.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."

Last edited by Marmel : 07-17-2011 at 01:31 AM.
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote