View Single Post
Old 08-22-2011, 07:37 PM   #98
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

I'm actually on the Virtue server, mostly by happenstance. I think my global chat handle is @Ironthumb, but I don't know if that changes based on which toon I'm playing. Lately I've been giving my Stalker (Amber Assassin) and Corruptor (Obsidian Obfuscator - I'm very proud of the complete and utter absurdity of that name, by the way) lots of play-time.

Did my first Heist on the Ninja Blade Stalker yesterday. Was a blast to go in and rob a bank, then defeat a hero on the way out. My skillset didn't really help me though - I was able to sneak all the way in to the vault, but then when I blew it up everyone on the planet knew where I was and I burned the rest of the time running away. Next time I'm going to kill everyone on the way in.

I think what I'm finally going to do is pick a character that is pretty easy to level with (probably a heavily damage favored class that is good at AoE) and push through the content pretty quickly, just to see it all and give myself a good taste of the game at each level. Then I'll go back and level my other toons. I've gotten a good grasp on how to build a character now, and how the primary and secondary skill sets interact. I've also got the hang of slotting my abilities, and am looking forward to starting a serious toon. For my solo character, I'm thinking perhaps Assault Rifle/Ice for just massive AoE with good control. I've heard Masterminds are really easy to solo with, but I've never been big on pet classes, so I'm leaning away from this initially.

Anyone want to chime in on character builds they've really enjoyed playing? I'm still very open to trying new things before I get serious with one character.

Last edited by Vince, Pt. II : 08-22-2011 at 07:37 PM.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote