View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 01:57 AM   #285
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Dec 19, 2012
Blyth (22nd in BSBP) vs Cambridge (14th in BSBP) - 1st Round FA Trophy

I wonder how often you see the same club in three consecutive matches?
What the hell, we'll open 4-4-2 Attacking again today, despite being on the road.

GK: Knight
D: Slaughter, Jones, Sinclair, Purvis
MF: Matondo, White, Wedderburn, O'Connor
F: Mole, Lobjoit
Bench: (Vipond, Groves, Armstrong, Phillips, McDonald)

0:00 - Playing this one in a light snowfall
14:00 - Switch to Standard
24:30 - Switch to Counter (they're coming at us hard)
34:10 - Mole has a shot tipped over the bar for a corner ... we send that over everyone for a turnover
44:15 - Lobjoit has a go at it ... cracks it off the crossbar

Halftime - Possession was 50-50. Outshot 8-4 but only one shot on target apiece. And we actually had 2 clear cut chances to their none. I tell the boys that if we could get a goal I make us favorites to win. Switch to Attacking to open the half, maybe they'll believe that I meant what I said.

55:00 - Switch to Counter
68:45 - Gibson takes a nice centering pass from Atiku and is ready for it (0-1) Switch to Attacking
84:00 - Pugh pots an easy goal ... won't count, offside
84:15 - Sub Phillips for Slaughter (exhausted), Sub Armstrong for Lobjoit (yellow card & 6.0), Sub Groves for Purvis ... Switch to Overload
89:00 - 3 mins of added time

Fulltime - Damn. Ended up outshot 13-6, actually had 53% of possession. Just that one play we didn't defend well.

Knight 6.2
Slaughter 6.7, Jones 6.8, Sinclair 6.7, Purvis 6.9
Matondo 6.6, White 6.6, Wedderburn 6.8, O'Connor 6.7
Mole 6.3, Lobjoit 6.0
Subs: Armstrong/Groves/Philips N/A

Dec 19, 2012 (postmatch)
I tell the presser I say it's time to move on & focus our attention elsewhere. I'm thinking a golf course might be a nice focal point.