View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 10:44 PM   #293
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Dec 29, 2012 (afternoon)

Blyth (5-7-12, 22nd) vs Gateshead (9-9-6,9th)

We come off a win and run headlong into our fiercest rival. They whipped us thoroughly at their place earlier in the season, 3-0, and I'm not sure anything short of a miracle will produce a different result today.

They're a Pick'Em favorite, we're 11:5 dogs. We'll start in 4-4-2 Counter, try to absorb their first punch before shifting gears.

GK: Knight
D: Kulsten, Jones, Sinclair, Purvis
MF: Matondo, Morrison, Vipond, Groves
F: Armstrong, Mole
Bench: (Slaughter, Phillips, White, Giddings, McDonald)

Halftime: Gateshead 1 - Blyth 0
Oudubade got free inside & put them up at 15'
We were outshot 6-0 in the half and I lit into the team, questioning their passion and whether they even wanted to win the match. That's a speech they haven't heard from me before & it seemed to motivate them at least.

Fulltime: Gateshead 2 Blyth 0
Carole scored his first ever goal for Gateshead at 53' after a nice centering pass. At 65' we pulled Purvis (5.9) and Mole (5.8) in favor of White & Slaughter. It didn't matter one bit. We were outshot 15-0, only had 40% poss, gave up 10 corners while getting just 2.

Knight 6.4
Kulsten 6.7, Jones 6.6, Sinclair 6.2, Purvis 5.9
Matondo 6.2, Morrison 6.5, Vipond 6.5, Groves 6.8
Armstrong 6.6, Mole 5.8
Subs: Slaughter 6.5, White 6.7

Dec 29, 2012 (post-match)
The fans are very unhappy & so am I. That's 9 games & counting without a goal from Jamie Mole, but when we can't even generate a shot ... just damn.