View Single Post
Old 07-24-2019, 10:15 PM   #9
pbot
H.S. Freshman Team

Day 2:: Atlantic to Winterset.

The journey continued under beautiful blue skies with temps in the mid 70s and not much humidity. There was a pretty decent headwind most of the day.

I didn't really see anything of note. No punk kids or dimwits riding into obstacles. No eagles, either so the streak stopped at two days. I did see a dead racoons holding a beer along the way, if that's amusing.

There is a team, Team Roadkill, that drops beads on just about every piece of roadkill along the way, I don't know why, they just do. Yesterday in addition to the beads, somebody posed the raccoon with a beer can.

I did see the site of Jesse James' first railroad robbery and when Google maps decided to send me to the wrong side of Winterset, I passed by John Wayne's birthplace.

Many people bring speakers and blast music as they ride. I've realized that most people's taste in music is horrific. I brought mine for the first time, so they could hear my poor taste in music as well. However I kept the volume reasonable so as to only annoy the people in my immediate vicinity, not everyone within a quarter mile radius.

It was a long day as I had no energy. Ended up riding 75 miles.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
pbot is offline   Reply With Quote