View Single Post
Old 05-21-2020, 05:56 PM   #912
QuikSand
lolzcat

Okay, situation pretty normal as we wrap up free agency.

If we make a few base assumptions - our draftees will work out at least well enough to slot in if not start right away, nobody completely disappears in preseason - then our roster is basically set. I mean, we have to weed through the riffraff at QB and decide what third-best solution to go with, and we need to make a decision at DB about just dumping all our old guys and going super young (very much in play). But overall, not looking for a lot more here.

Late free agency is always a spot for me - I tend to find these high affinity, some potential, marginal players here - either as 8th rounders or in the mix among the players released after failing to get re-signed as RFAs. Either way, I'm usually lured into at least a couple borderline guys here - and DB seems like an obvious place for that to happen. Would love to find a hey-what-the-heck guy at QB again, like the last time I was in this exact situation, when we grabbed Jimmy Mc off the scrapheap, and started him as an undrafted rookie to pretty acceptable results. That would be great... but no reason to bank on it.

Last edited by QuikSand : 05-21-2020 at 07:31 PM.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote