View Single Post
Old 02-20-2018, 11:05 PM   #123
cuervo72
Head Coach

Yeah, when putting together his list I was initially disappointed that there were no Ivies, no MIT/Caltech/Stanford, etc. I'm admittedly guilty of being a bit of a name snob. The major just happens to be strong at huge public schools (outside of the three mentioned which were off his list for other reasons). I will completely get if he isn't accepted to Michigan - top 20, huge state school. It's like UNC but even worse, really. In retrospect, he might have expanded a bit to include a couple other schools. Colorado might have been a good fit (he likes the cold, and pics of the campus look beautiful).

And other than that, he at least is 3-for-3 getting in with Purdue/MD/A&M. But the schools certainly don't seem to be throwing themselves at him, then I guess they don't really need to.

(As for service - yeah, that could have been better. He's done a few things through school - giving tours of the old HS to alumni before it was demolished, shopping for Christmas gifts for families in need, but nothing church-related or "big" like Habitat.)