View Single Post
Old 04-15-2020, 04:20 PM   #237
tarcone
Coordinator

My garage door wouldnt open yesterday. So I called a local business and not a national one. Thought i would support a local business. The dude shows up and the springs are broken. So he tells me its &189 per spring and $99 to fix. I agree.
He fixes the springs with a couple phone calls. Then the door wont close. He makes a phone call. Well, the door is bent, which I could see. So it wont close without manipulation. So the garage door opener wont work.

Well, goddamn, no sit. He charges me an extra $99 saying it was that much per spring and the door would cost $1800 to replace. I said is there anyway to delay the payment and I will have you replace the door and put it on my insurance. He called his supervisor and no we cant do that but we will lower the cost to 1400. WTF.

So i say who do I make the check out to. We dont take checks, just cash or card. I tell him I cant do that. They decide they can take a check. I ask if I should write it out to the company I called, no he says, write out to a different company. WTF? They sent out a subcontractor without telling me and this guy is a lock smith. He replaced the springs bit the door wont close. Well its bent and I have to manipulate it to close. What?

This is all BS. I am piseed that a local company would treat me like this. Now my stress level has increased and Im pissed. I call the company to complain at around 3. No call back. I call again at 4:30. Dude says the managers are off until Friday for holidays (they are Jewish). This guy says tell me Im a solver. So I do. Then he says, I ant do anything. MFer lied.

I just want $99 back and now I want a receipt that says its ot normal wear and tear so I can claim the whole thing on my Home Insurance.

Bunch of asshole MFers.

This is dtress I dont need. had they sent out a dude that repaired garage doors, he would have seen the nest door and I needed a whole new door and mechanics.

Shit I have a lump in my stomach because this is money I dont want to spend. And I feel cheated.

Will I get resolution? Doubtful. But I will make my case.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote