View Single Post
Old 04-26-2020, 05:15 AM   #159
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalcPow View Post
As a sidenote, I'm annoyed by guys like DE Tim Vance that we were SO LUCKY to stumble into with our 4th round picks. The dude is clearly a blessed child of the FOF algorithms but he's entering year 4 and still not fully developed at 66/77. T-Grice will have 80 sacks and die before this guy hits full dev.

That guy goes all the way back to TCY, I think. Hard-coded as low development, even with high ceiling. In TCY, there would be schools you'd notice if you recruited really heavily in your home/focus state where they'd just spew out all these 19/85 talents, and even after four years the guy would still be 38/85. I'm not sure what that was supposed to mirror real from real life... but it's been a Solecismic thing for quite some time.

(Fun aside...when you exported a FOF draft file from TCY, you'd see gobs of these high-upside guys end up as tip-top NFL prospects...some kid to goes to Auburn and gets 200 snaps his whole career on account of low development, so he never develops, he graduates rated 29/90 and then gets drafted ahead of the Heisman winner, who was rated 66/66)
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote