View Single Post
Old 04-28-2020, 12:29 AM   #165
MalcPow
College Benchwarmer

WR Replogle is a 2nd Team All Pro. CB Curtis Stringer, who had 6 picks, sneaks onto the 2nd Team as well.

QB Richey is the League MVP. He is not 1st or 2nd Team QB. He is not the OPOY. I don't track this sort of thing that closely, but that stands out for me at least in my easily retrievable memory. Chalk one up for the reputation vote. It is his seventh MVP award.

He's at 57,010 passing yards. 61,655 is the Brett Favre Award Steam Achievement we are basically chasing at this point. I still think it's pretty much there for us, but I had sort of assumed he'd break through that mark next season. 4600+ is definitely not a lock with where we're trending. And next year will be his 13th season. I think he'd come back, but we're suddenly at least in a mildly plausible scenario where he takes another -7 in camp and walks away.

We also need to feed Mercury Botta if he comes back next year as well. He's falling off a cliff, playing the year at 39/39 but he's got a look at 1300 career catches if we force it. (He's sitting at 1126 through eleven seasons.)

It feels like we've got two more years of chasing the dying chapters of our stat whore guys. I think I'm ready to flip the gameplan around and try something fresh at that point.
MalcPow is offline   Reply With Quote