View Single Post
Old 06-21-2018, 05:55 AM   #269
GoldenCrest Games
High School Varsity

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jct32 View Post
I also find it interesting that the defense can add for the MVP when Luna has a 29:1 TD/INT ratio. Then I realize that this is slightly different when compared to real football. The return game is stronger here and more important. If I quit comparing this to real life football (like having 2 way players) then everything seems a lot better and your leagues seems like it is really humming.

I have a hard time with that, too. I often catch myself thinking of the stats in terns of the NFL, and then think I need to fix something. I have to keep telling myself that it's totally different, and it's ok if the stats don't match up.

That being said, I think some of the defensive and return stats might be a bit over-valued right now. After each development season, I'll run the season stats through my MVP scoring system and rebalance the weights. This season's scoring system is based only off last year's stats, so it's probably not quite right because of how the engine changed during last season. The next balancing should get it a lot closer.

Last edited by GoldenCrest Games : 06-21-2018 at 05:59 AM.
GoldenCrest Games is offline   Reply With Quote