View Single Post
Old 04-19-2024, 08:54 PM   #10036
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carman Bulldog View Post
"I didn't punch anybody." Technically true I suppose; he swung and missed.

"[Samoa Joe] told me to stop, and I quit." It looked more like Jerry Lynn and Chris Hero pulled him off, and then he lunged at Tony. But Samoa Joe was there and probably told him to stop.

"I turned to Tony and said... I quit" Again, more like turned and lunged towards him while Lynn and Hero were holding him back.

Punk also presented himself as calm and the voice of reason in the situation ("I thought I was doing a responsible thing") while he's clearly anything but in the video. The Chael Sonnen reference is also entirely inapplicable. I don't think anyone would question Wand was clearly the aggressor in that situation and Sonnen was defending himself. By quoting Sonnen, Punk suggests that he made physical contact first to defend himself, and omits the fact that he waited until Perry was putting his hair up in a bun to attack. He also conveniently omits grabbing Perry by the hair to be in a position to "choke [him] a little bit."

But yes, apart from these half-truths and omissions, pretty much happened as he said.

What in the world did you watch?

Punk did push him before he snatched him yes. No punch though.

Pulled off by Lynn and Hero? He let go before either touched him. The only guy there at that point was Joe. They grabbed him as soon as he let go.

Why does he need to include additional facts to be taken seriously? Leaving details out doesn’t diminish the facts.

Lunge at Tony? Lol? He was shoved over there by the two goons you mentioned after he let go.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote