View Single Post
Old 08-15-2006, 01:36 PM   #288
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRoxDVHStyle
I may get some flack for this but Nash/Shelley is just absolutely hilarious. I'd suspect a Nash turn on Shelley would get Shelley over huge and thus lead to an X-Divison Title run.

Except that the division, at least under standard booking norms, needs Shelley as a heel more than they need him as a face, since there's currently no shortage of X-Div faces (Lethal & Sabin chief among them).

I still think there's a point coming (maybe in conjunction with the eventual 2nd hour of TV) that they're going to need another midcard title to pass around.

And, to the original point, I've said at least a couple of times that I liked the work Nash/Shelley were doing together, so you sure won't get any flack from me about it. But I would probably call that more a case of Shelley getting a rub from Nash than I would a case of Nash putting him over (although that's probably more semantical than I ought to be about it).