View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 03:41 PM   #354
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
I picked the Manderly's of White Harbour and ALSO married Margaery to my son, while I picked up one of the Sand Snakes. Early on especially it's hard to ignore all the 'name' character in the game.

I did enjoy seeing Tyrion as head of the Lannister's quite early in my game too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
I think it needs a lot more events. Once everything becomes a single kingdom there isn't much to do. I liked playing in the world, but I didn't have much to do other than marry children off every few years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
I only played for about twenty years. There were a couple of small splits, but the combined might of the Iron Throne easily put them down. I felt like I had nothing to do other than watch the dates tick by. For me the vanilla CK2 was far more interesting.

Yeah, this was my impression as well.

Not enough events or intrigues.

I played a vanilla game of CK2 as a Croatian Duke and there was a ton more stuff going on.

There were a few rebellions and wars in my GoT game, but they were also crushed very quickly and with overwhelming force.

I also wasn't sure why Margery Tyrell would be willing to marry a son of Yohn Royce (or a Manderley for that matter). I also had Tywin Lannister ask to marry one of my daughters and married another daughter to the heir to the Iron Throne. I think she died before her husband claimed it.

I totally love the setting. Just not enough going on and some odd unions.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote