View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 03:47 PM   #355
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
Yeah, this was my impression as well.

Not enough events or intrigues.

I played a vanilla game of CK2 as a Croatian Duke and there was a ton more stuff going on.

There were a few rebellions and wars in my GoT game, but they were also crushed very quickly and with overwhelming force.

I also wasn't sure why Margery Tyrell would be willing to marry a son of Yohn Royce (or a Manderley for that matter). I also had Tywin Lannister ask to marry one of my daughters and married another daughter to the heir to the Iron Throne. I think she died before her husband claimed it.

I totally love the setting. Just not enough going on and some odd unions.

Odd unions is a Paradox AI thing.

We're working to add more stuff going on, without it being monotonous, but I'll push your impressions up the chain and keep agitating for more things. There's a team working on a War of the 5 Kings starting date, my impression is that that may have more some more stuff going on (which will then be incorporated down into the other starting dates obviously).

I also find the "little rebellions" kind of silly, but they do serve the function of raising/lowering the opinion of liege's by vassals, which ultimately results in bigger conflicts.

We've got tournaments in obviously (tbh sometimes I find them a bit repetitive). Any other thoughts on what sort of events you'd like to see?

I find that RP-ing my leader based on his personality can be helpful in terms of causing things to go on, and causing friction with vassals or lieges. So can giving myself goals outside of the ambition system like "I want to make the Dayne's the Princes of Dorne" and working towards a long-term goal like that.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 07-13-2012 at 03:48 PM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote