View Single Post
Old 06-08-2014, 10:14 PM   #601
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Belenenses match time has arrived. Montesi is back in the starting lineup. If we win today, we will qualify for Champions next season already, once again, do so really early. Last time we did it early. Rosano smashes Driussi for a score in the 4th. Then we start missing a lot, and hitting the woodwork, and then missing some more. Finally, Komorski crosses to Steppinwolf for a score in the 44th minute. Half 2-0 us. Schaap to Komorski, 50th. Subs include Barrios and Mzizi early on. When I have a blowout I like to make as many youth subs early on in order to get good devo time, and then leave the last sub until later in case of injuries or such. Driussi finds Rocker. Final sub is Vitor Barreto for Driussi. We win 4-0. MOM is Driussi.

We have qualified for Champions next year with 7 games to go.

Once again, all of my Triad of Terror guys are leading the league, and each have 19 goals.

Champions Knockout News -

The second half of several rounds has commenced and we have some news

CSKA Moscow traveled to Manchester and Inter arrived at Madrid. Both won hosting 1-0 over the major foes. Do they have the class to finish out? I hope so! Taking out Real Madrid and Man Utd would remove two major threats from the Knockout Stages. Plus, the final is played in Old Trafford . We need to take them down now.

Inter is doing really well right now and overperforming in Serie A. Meanwhile Real Madrid is knocked down to 3rd and in a tough scrum. Can the confidence of Inter emerge victorious?

Yes, Inter can win. They have a strong team, and they tie 1-1 in extra time, and win in aggregate. So Inter have knocked off Real Madrid and are through to the Quarter Finals. Great job!

Now Moscow. Really, what can you expect? Manchester United are winning the EPL right now. They are flying high. They don’t lose this early ever. They re stoked about playing in the Final locally. They want to win this year!

How can Moscow go, on the road, and protect their one goal lead?

So they arrive, they play. And of course, like everyone expect, Moscow lose. So that’s the end of that.

Well….

Except that they lose 1-2. That means the aggregate is tied 2-2, and there’s this away goal rule.

So CSKA Moscow head into England, lose, and win. Congrats!

Whew!

I could not have planned that better myself. With FC Bayern out in the Group Stage, that’s a huge weight lifted off everyone’s shoulders.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote