View Single Post
Old 06-01-2016, 07:11 AM   #109
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
Something I read indicated that for years, including Clinton's years, State's email server would randomly go down and be down for hours. Given the difficulty involved in fixing that situation (probably brought on by hopeless government bureaucracy) you can certainly see the impetus behind the private server.

I was always taught that security is more important than convenience. Security in places like that can be be overwhelmingly frustrating, I see that. But Government IT shops generally bend over backwards to ensure VIP users are able to communicate at all times. We, the taxpayers, throw a lot of money towards secure, reliable comms for our big-wigs.

If she was doing this and is getting away with it, who else is doing it? And who would want to know about that? Not you or I, but there are plenty of hackers in the world hunting for rogue servers now. It was wreckless and a sign of things to come. It's nice, I'm sure for our opponents to get a hold of traitors like Snowden, but if we allow our top people to do whatever they want, it makes things a lot easier for adversaries to exploit us.

Last edited by Dutch : 06-01-2016 at 07:14 AM.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote