View Single Post
Old 09-21-2006, 09:53 AM   #467
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty3281 View Post
Wow, I heard Hollywoodland was good.

The Black Dahlia (2006) - High expectations going in. Slightly disappointed, but I still enjoyed it. Leaving the theatres, everyone basically trashed it that I was with because it is easy to get confused, and someone pointed out to me- "You're just defending De Palma." Listen, if you keep track of names and realize it's not the type of movie to summarize what's going on, that's up to you, the viewer, you'll like it. If you like simple movies, pass. *6/10*

You are a kind, kind man. Black Dahlia was one of the 10 worst movies I have ever seen in the theater. De Palma now has 2 movies on that list, with Mission To Mars ranking far higher. De Palma and Josh Hartnett are now offically on my black list. Hartnett was HORRIBLY miscast, and after the debacle that was Wicker Park i'm totally done with this guy.

Hilary Swank was the best of the major actors, but that isn't saying all that much. I liked Rachel Miner in her small role (Swank's sister), and I thought the meeting the parents/dinner scene would have been an "interesting" short film in it's own right. The rest of the movie is total crap though. Some photography is beautiful though, De Palma can put together soem great shots. But when you have bad acting and TERRIBLE writing, you end with a steaming pile of crap. Bad, bad movie. 1 of 5 stars.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote