View Single Post
Old 11-27-2006, 05:54 PM   #470
Groundhog
Coordinator

Pinata: Survivor Island - 0.1/10

Wow, this is truly the worst movie I've ever seen. The "big name" stars include such names as Sabrina the Teenage witch's boyfriend, the geeky guy from Buffy, and that blonde chick from My Name is Earl.

The plot goes like this: Some "teenagers" travel to an island to take part in a treasure hunt of sorts. Each guy is handcuffed a girl and the pair has to find as many pieces of underwear that is hidden around the island as they can before time runs out. While searching one couple decides to get stoned and then finds a strange, evil looking pinata, so they decide to crack it open. The guy wacks it with a stick, which awakens all the evil spirits contained within the pinata, and causes it to come alive with some of the worst CGI ever put to screen. I'm fairly confident I could best these special effects with MS Paint. The "scary" pinata (which looks like a clay demony type of thing) then proceeds to hunt down the "teens" one by one.

Now, at the very least this movie could have contained gratitious nudity or sex, but alas, it is not so. The only positive about the film is the inclusion of some actress named Lara Boyd Rhodes who looks absolutely smoking in this movie, playing a teenager despite being 33 at the time it was filmed. I've never heard of her before, but after checking out her other appearances on her imdb page I'm really not surprised.