View Single Post
Old 12-23-2006, 03:36 AM   #488
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty3281 View Post
check yourself into the god damn looney bin

did it not have enough bang bang for you

Please dont try to pop shit like *I* am joe action movie. And I temper any opinion of yours knowing you're a guy who liked The Black Dahlia and seems to have a subconscious homoerotic fixation on Josh Hartnett.

Now onto this piece of shit movie:

When you are introducting new characters in the 3rd hour, you're watching a bad movie. It's as simple as that. And for a guy with so much screen time, they gave Matt Damon absolutely nothing to do. One more blank stare at the camera and I was going to puke. Jolie was a waste of space, there were a couple nonsensical plot points that I wont get into to... and ultimately there was no reason at all to care about any character.

There are bad movies like Little Man, which consciously know they're not making high art when filming. It actually takes talent going horribly wrong to make a trainwreck like The Good Shepherd. The script is shit and the end result was a really bloated movie. I'm guessing no one had the balls to tell DeNiro the thing was a painful bore at any stage. I cant recall the last time I simply wanted to movie to end this badly (wait...actually I can... the 3rd Lord Of The Rings).

After seeing this I hope DeNiro waits another 13 years before directing again. I've thought it through, analyzed it, tried to like it... it's just a bad movie, simple as that.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote