View Single Post
Old 12-23-2006, 02:28 PM   #492
korme
Go Reds

Ignoring the Black Dahlia comments...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthomer5000
When you are introducting new characters in the 3rd hour, you're watching a bad movie.

Did you forget this is a period piece that spans over 2 decades? People don't last forever.

Quote:
It's as simple as that. And for a guy with so much screen time, they gave Matt Damon absolutely nothing to do. One more blank stare at the camera and I was going to puke.

The point was to give you a great idea of what kind of person Damon's character was. Quiet, mysterious. Closed book, perfect for the CIA, no?

Quote:
There are bad movies like Little Man, which consciously know they're not making high art when filming. It actually takes talent going horribly wrong to make a trainwreck like The Good Shepherd. The script is shit and the end result was a really bloated movie. I'm guessing no one had the balls to tell DeNiro the thing was a painful bore at any stage. I cant recall the last time I simply wanted to movie to end this badly (wait...actually I can... the 3rd Lord Of The Rings).

After seeing this I hope DeNiro waits another 13 years before directing again. I've thought it through, analyzed it, tried to like it... it's just a bad movie, simple as that.

I see your point so I'll leave it at that. Everyone's got their taste.

Atleast I agree with you on KKBB
korme is offline   Reply With Quote