Old 08-19-2006, 12:35 PM   #29
BYU 14
Coordinator

Saturday, March 19th-1983

Event-TV Taping-Superstars of Wrestling
Alabama Theater, Dothan, AL

Attendance: 1834

Dark Match-Ronnie Garvin VS Charlie Fulton
Basically a squash match to give Garvin a breather from his very physical feud with Sawyer. Fulton’s sole offensive spurt, serves only to anger Garvin, who decks Charlie with the “Hands of stone” punch, and covers for the win in 4:35.
Rating: C

The crowd is still getting settled as Tommy Rich hits the ring to thunderous applause, but he has no time to play to the crowd.
Rich:”Anderson, y’all wanted my title Belt, you got it!! Y’all wanted my blood, you got that!! Well, y’all can make me bleed like the Tennessee River, steal every belt I got, including the one on my Britches, but y’all won’t ever get my Heart!! Title be damned Ole, I want you!! No rules, no Goons, nothing but you, me and a Steel cage…. So I can give y’all what your Momma forgot, a good old country Ass whipping!!!!” The crowd is happier than a Cat in a Dairy farm as they exult their Hero on.
Rating: B+

JJ Dillon walks to the Ring with a smile on his face and a microphone in his clammy meat hooks.
Dillon: “Rich you need to take a powder, you hot headed Redneck derelict!!”

As if on queue, Ole appears through the crowd, slapping the wig crooked on a portly old Farmer as he tries to block his path to the Ring. Rich, alerted by the crowd, turns as Ole sneaks up behind him……Just in time to catch a hand full of white powder in the Eyes!!! Rich, blinded and helpless, rolls around screaming that his Eyes are on fire, as Dillon and Anderson give him a Shoe leather massage. The scene gets chaotic as an elderly Woman falls trying to breach the guard rail to defend Wildfire and injures her Hip.
Rating: B

Grabbing the Ring microphone as he laughs at the prostate elderly Woman Anderson does what he does best, irritate the hell out of everyone.
Ole: “One of you inbred Rednecks help Grandma Pearl up, pop her dentures back in her Mouth, then shut the hell up!” Dodging a can of Skoal he continues…”Hey Tommy, sing the National Anthem with me punk…..Oh say can you see…..oh wait, you can’t see right now can you!!!” Dillon and Anderson laugh historically as the crowd spews venom at them…..
Dillon: “What Ole is trying to say Rich, is he accepts your invitation for a cage match!!!!”
Ole seems surprised by Dillon’s acceptance on his behalf and the two share an animated discussion, and several cups of Soda, courtesy of the fans on the way back to the dressing room.
Rating: A

Duke of Dorchester VS Mike Starbuck
The Duke, pulling out every cheap trick in the book to capitalize on Ole’s heat comes up short in defeating the young jobber in 5:39 with a figure four after using a foreign object to stun Mikey.
Rating: F

The Oriental Assassin’s drop in on Gordon Solie, with Don Carson at their side, with much to share about the state of the business.
Carson: “I’ll tell you what Solie.. I have been throughout the World, looking for best talent, the toughest Men and most of all……. Just a Wrestler or two that didn’t make me want to puke!!!”
Solie: “Well Don, I am sure a viewer or two may share that last feeling with you”
Carson: “You better be agreeing and not trying to be funny Solie!”
Solie: “Indeed”
Saito: Slamming his hands on the Announcers table “American announcer talk, talk……too much talk, talk. American Wrestler, no strong!! Japanese Wrestler eat Steak, American Wrestler eat Soup, no strong, all time Soup.”
As Saito continues his broken English tirade about American Wrestlers, an angry crowd comes alive as Bullet Bob Armstrong appears, with a look of consternation on his Face……

Carson: “Well here we go, a typical, backwoods, backward thinking, always on his back American Wrestler…..Tell you what Bob…….Run back to that Cabin of yours and rustle up a partner…..And the Oriental Assassins may just give you the pleasure of a good Stomping…..”
Saito: “Soup!!!! American Wrestler weak!!!!”
Rating: C+

Road Warriors VS The Lightning Express
Bob Armstrong stays Ringside, one eye on the Oriental Assassins, one on son Brad who gives the Warriors a decent run with his partner Tim Horner. Ellering is kept at bay by the elder Armstrong, but the Warriors eventually overpower the youngsters as Animal catches Horner in a swinging full Nelson submission at the 8:33
Rating: C-

Disgusted with the incessant stream of taunts and insults from the Announcers area as he accompanies his Son and Tim Horner to the back, Bob Armstrong grabs a Microphone.
Armstrong: “You know what……I have had it with you guys, running your mouths and saying nothing. Carson, tell your Goons I will get a partner and remember this….careful what you wish for!!!!”

Derisive laughter, nonsensical references to Soup and Jell-o by Saito, and inaudible grunts from Killer Khan fill the Arena. As a red faced Armstrong continues to the back, several audience members close to the Announcers are, pull their Eyes back into slits and mock the Japanese Wrestlers, as the whole scene becomes surreally chaotic.

Solie: “Well Freddy, I don’t quite know what to say after that, so lets watch a video” The Arena grows dark as a video shows highlights of the Fabs/Sheepherder feud, though the crowd still seems distracted by the last segment
Freddy Miller: “Well Gordon, I think we are all excited about these teams hooking up next”
Solie: “Well stated Freddy……as usual”
Rating: C

The Fabulous Ones VS the Sheepherders-National Tag Team Title Match
Bronco Lubich teeters on losing the match as both teams go berserk in their hatred of the other Team. The vacant Tag straps seem an afterthought as all four men get color by the 10 minute mark. Finally spilling into the stands, Lubich has no choice but to rule it a no-contest at 14:26, with both Teams tearing pieces of the arena off to attack the others with…A violent battle that still leaves the Tag straps vacant.
Rating: B-

Overall Show rating: C

Backstage
I am a little disheartened with the overall mood after the show. I have negotiations coming up for a possible Pay per View and I want to have some strong footage of crowd response to take in if a couple of the smaller Companies agree to meet with me. Ole of course is also concerned and is the epitome of support.
Ole: “Hey son, tough crowd tonight, hard to figure the marks out”
Me: Is this compassion? “They seemed hot at first Ole, then got flat”
Ole: “I know…sometimes they make as much sense as Saito’s Jell-o and soup rants…..or your BOOKING!!!”
Me: sigh…”Welcome back Ole”
Ole: “Shut-up! Why the fuck would you let the crowd pop their Rockets with my Storyline so early, then bring out a gibbering fool at the peak of the Show to talk about Soup and Jell-O? You write that great promo too Edgar Allen Dumbass?”
Me: I just head for my Car, whipped, muttering under my breath…”Quote the Raven……Fuck you Ole” While Anderson continues his rant to an empty locker room and a Shower head…..

Thanks Dawgfan1980, glad to have you following along....Those old TBS shows were always entertaining.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 08-19-2006 at 12:39 PM.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote