View Single Post
Old 01-09-2014, 03:46 PM   #378
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I'm Arsenal, playing primarily with Giroud up front. He just never seems to bury anything much. Seems to be a much better player for them this year in Real life than he has been for my FM team

You're better in terms of talent than my Bilbao team - at least on an individual level I wager.

My thoughts:

High pressing. Try to disrupt them before they can get the ball in the offensive third of the pitch. Preferably right around the midfield line.

I don't believe you can just sit back and play 11 behind the ball and hope to weather the storm and counter with long balls against Barca. They're too good...they'll find a way through. Hell, they even did against my Juve side in our first matchup (subsequently played them more straight-up and had better results).

I don't have a problem with a deeper, narrower defensive line against Barca, but I think you want an active midfield (ideally one that outnumbers them) that's pressing.

And even then - it's going to be a tight game (as it should be realistically).

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 01-09-2014 at 03:50 PM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote