View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 02:40 AM   #8
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

My bets:

Baylor-UCLA: UNDER 80.5. This is a crazy high over/under. I know that bowl games are usually a little weaker on defense then most, but asking both teams to score 40 (which is what a -1 line with an 80.5 O/U) is asking.. I'll probably have egg on my face but, that's just too high a number for me ($500)

Virginia Tech (Giving 2) vs Rutgers: Not a great year for Va Tech, but I think that they have a pretty good chance of covering here. Any time you have a favorite by less then a FG that you think will win, you gotta go after it. ($500)

Rice (Getting 1) vs Air Force : This is more of an instinct bet then anything, but I think Rice wins this one. ($250)

West Virginia (giving 4, going to Giving 7) vs Syracuse[/b]: Wow, the Mountaineers had a stinkeroo of a a second half. And with their defense, betting big is like playing Russian Roulette, with all the chambers loaded with rock salt. Painful. But I think that they're too good offensively, and the weeks of practice they've had between the end of the season and now will help ($1500 - BIG BET, Moves line 3 points)

TCU-Michigan State (OVER 40): These teams are not offensively inclined. That's probably a surprise to no one, but just like 80 was an eyepopping O/U, 40, in the silly season that is bowl games? Seems a bit low to me ($500)