View Single Post
Old 08-03-2008, 02:13 PM   #13
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Olie, I've got a couple of thoughts on this since you asked:

1.) I would expect that your participation here would basically guarantee that a number of people will never play a game of WW
2.) I would think that if you continue to play that you might find yourself having to deal with the aftershocks of the "Awkward 2008" thread, in ways both direct and indirect

This isn't a matter of picking sides; if you want that kind of feedback, then send me a PM. This is just responding to what I think is likely to happen if you do continue playing WW.
I think there's a lot of truth to this. I think what hoops said is even more true than it was with Blade, in terms of people not giving WW a chance.

That said, there's a whole lot of stuff going on here. olie has never done anything wrong in WW, nor has there been, to my knowledge, a hint of her doing anything wrong. The easy answer for for those of us here is for her to go away, but that seems kind of callous, frankly. It's clear that olie really likes the community here. I really like the community we have here. This community is what keeps me coming back. I don't really hang out on internet message boards, but this one is different, at least it is for me. I think excommunicating her in this situation, is wrong.

To be real honest, I have no sympathy for olie, beyond general sympathy for someone who has had to go through a divorce, and a whole hell of a lot of sympathy for Radii. But olie has been an active, and during CR's game, helpful member of our community. If she wants to stay, and I certainly understand why she would, I would welcome her into any game of mine, and look forward to playing with her in the future.

~BK, Your Friendly Werewolf Moderator