View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009, 05:09 PM   #53
miami_fan
Coordinator

What JiMGA said.

If Buck were just a bland PBP guy that would be one thing. Buck goes further than that. I remember listening to Tim Brando on his radio show a few years back. He made it clear that he was going to have strong opinions on his radio show and it was going to surprise some people since he did not and would not express those opinions when he was doing PBP. When I listen to Buck, it seems that he wants to do more in the "radio show host" role, when all I want from his is a description of what is happening on the field. The Randy Moss incident is the most know but he gives you at least one or two or those a game IMO.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote