View Single Post
Old 11-17-2009, 10:31 PM   #330
RainMaker
General Manager

I know it's early in the season but I'm really happy with the Bulls this year. Kind of considered this a waste year that would be used to develop Rose and see if Thomas and Noah can play while waiting for the big 2010 FA class.

But they're actually a good team. The defense is vastly improved thanks to the loss of Ben Gordon. Noah really worked hard in the offseason and is becoming one of the best rebounders in the game. Deng is starting to play up to his contract and is becoming a lockdown defender who plays within the game and hits his shots.

If we beat Sacramento tonight (up by 12 now), we'll be 6-4 against the 2nd toughest schedule so far. A win on the road against Cleveland and taking the Nuggets to the final shot on the resume. All this with Salmons shooting well below his career averages and Rose still getting into shape and recovering from his preseason injury. Tyrus Thomas has also been injured all season. Basically, the offense should only get better.

I have no dreams of them making the Finals or anything, but do think they can get to the 2nd Round and put up a good fight if Rose develops. Would put us in a great position to nab a big name free agent next season. Would have to be enticing to Lebron, Wade, or Bosh to step into a team like that which won't lose anyone.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote